January is almost over. I can’t say that it’s been a good month overall but life is 10% what happens, and 90% how you react to it. Sometimes there is no amount of aromatherapy that can save your mood. Things just happen that set you off. Sometimes you don’t jive well with people. Someone insults you or they inadvertently (or purposely) throw you under the bus. We lose people and pets, and no one else seems to care. And nothing bothers me more than when people pretend their lives are happy-go-lucky and immaculately perfect. If your life is a mess.. you are NOT alone.
Here is my January in a nutshell.
1. My 4 month old niece is hopefully done her chemo treatments. I can’t wait to hear the results of her MRI in a couple of weeks to hear how much progress she’s made. It’s visible from the outside, and I’m hopeful its drastic from the inside.
2. One of my very best friends was given 6-12 weeks left to live. I just found this out on the 23rd of this month… but I knew since the 21st. I had a gut wrenching feeling all day. I told my boyfriend that I needed to hear from her. Something felt wrong… So I knew. I’m angry. I’m sure some of you know how it feels but I’m also sure some of you don’t. I’m hopeful but man am I pissed. It’s like they’re just giving up on her. The cancer in her bones has been growing instead of shrinking. Chemo failed. We may not know if radiation failed because they may not even bother to check at this point. I’m looking for options. I hear CBD oil is supposed to work wonders for your body. I’m going to send her some.
3. I got a raise at work. But it comes with stipulations that hit every last nerve in my body. Every feminist part of me wanted to go on a rampage. But I did not… I’m not sure why. No doubt I’ll find out in time.
4. My mother has officially retired. I’m happy for her on so many levels. Her job was a living nightmare.
5. Business has been slow across the board. I’m going to blame Trump for this because he’s currently the excuse for everything good and bad happening in this country.
Ok so those are the 5 major key points of my January. I’m a normal person just like you. I may own a business but I, and my life, are far from perfect. I’m real… I’m blood and sweat and tears and smiles and laughs. Remember when you’re reading perfection that it’s phony. No one’s life is worry free. No one’s life is perfection. If it is, they’re missing out. You can’t have high moments without low moments to help you appreciate their value. Don’t be afraid to be imperfect. Don’t be afraid to be a mess. You’re loved regardless.
*PS – Don’t steal the image of my artwork. It’s not my character, but it’s my fan art. I don’t steal your stuff, don’t steal mine. If you don’t know who Delirium is, you’re missing out on a fantastic story. She fits my mood this month.*